Sunday, June 6, 2010

A week with records

So I received a record player with a USB port for Christmas last year from my mother in law and have put the process of going through my entire record collection and transferring those songs to MP3's long enough. The time has come to begin my trip down memory lane.

I figure the best way to go about this is to start with my 7"s. I figure that they're shorter than an LP so I should breeze through them in no time. The thing is, with a project of this size (my record collection is huge), what you don't realize is that this will be in real time. That's the classic way and only way that it can be done. There are no downloading speeds or drag and drop wav files. Just the good old play and record buttons to work with.

Along with the transfer of these records I will give reviews and links to an MP3 or two from the record along with a brief history of who that band was and how that record came to be in my collection. I'll try to remember as much as I can. Some may be short, some may be long. All that I know is that I'm gonna really enjoy this and I hope you gain a little knowledge about some of our past musical friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment