Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rye Coalition

Rye Coalition were from Jersey City, New Jersey. Their music was both catchy and heavy. They released Four full lengths and several 7"s. My personal favorites are the split 12" with Karp (which features Jared from Big Business) and the super catchy "New Sheriff in Town" 7".

I first heard about Rye through a review in HeartAttack Magazine ran by a fellow named Kent McClard out of Goleta CA. That magazine was my bible for many years. I ordered hundreds of records through that mag because Kent also advertised his record label called Ebullition Records in issues of HeartAttack. That mag and word of mouth was how I heard about a lot of bands back in the day. Growing up in Bakersfield there wasn't much for zines and the internet wasn't even a glimmer in Bill Gates' eye. Snail mail was my primary source of contact with the outside world.

The last show that I caught of Rye Coalition was at Bottom of the Hill with the Blood Brothers several years ago and their music had progressed a little much for my taste but still they managed to Rock just like they did throughout the 90's.

Enjoy this MP3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UDIAUAQX

No comments:

Post a Comment