Saturday, June 26, 2010

Road Trip / Day 1


I first started out with the intention of writing about our journey to the midwest on a day by day basis however, it never seems to turn out that way. Staying committed to the actual idea of blogging while in the process of traveling is very low on my priority list to be honest. I'd much rather document it with pictures, then transfer my memories as best as I can later. That said, these particular travel blogs will not be in real time and may have a slight delay. I'll try to keep the days as close to the date as possible but no guarantees. Moving forward, here is my documentation of our 2010 midwest adventure.

Our first day's journey was to leave San Francisco early in the morning on Friday 6/25 and head north towards Oregon stopping at various eateries and sites along the way and eventually stopping to spend the night in Portland. We searched online for interesting places to see and eat along the way and our first stop brought us to Redding CA where we saw that they have a popular bridge called the "Sundial Bridge" and a cozy cafe to have lunch called "the Old Mill Eatery".

The bridge was a pretty impressive spectacle and I never would have pictured something of this nature and class to be located in the town of Redding. I highly recommend checking it out if you ever cruise through. The Old Mill Eatery was pretty damn tasty too. The portions were HUGE (always a plus in my book), and service was friendly. I knew that this summer I would be devouring an endless supply of meat while staying with the in-laws so in order to prepare for my carnivorous rampage I ordered the french dip. Lean pieces of beef that almost melted when dipped in the au-jous served along with a side of crinkle cut fries DAMN! I wish this place was
close to San Francisco.

Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment: